Thursday, February 5, 2015

free falling

                    i have never been skydiving. the last time i went on a plane was when i was four, i think. and i din't even know i was on a plane.
                   when i watch videos of freefallers i get an urge to jump with them. i wouldn't feel the same if i were actually there, though. i like looking at pictures of amazing views. but seeing them in person is a whole different experience.

                   if i were to be invited to one of my friends's skydiving trips... i would think about the big moment on the whole drive through. what did i get myself into??
                   once we get there, i would be so confused as to what to do next. is it so complex to use a parachute? do i trust the instructor? "meet you at the ground!" - am i going to be alone when i fall?
                   the feeling on the plane is just like on the car ride up except 10 fold. i didn't know you could open a helicopter door without everything being sucked out.
                   my friends jump first and get it over with. OH CRUD, my friends are jumping out of a plane!! my friends have told me stories about how dangerous it is and how you can die. i have to trust those who i fall with. my turn.
                   i look out the door. this is not my computer's screensaver! i feel a push and i fall.
                                 i'm dead.
                   i have no training. i'm not ready. the wind makes it so i can't see. oh, wait, i have goggles. when do i pull the rope again?? the gorgeous scenery seems to be my grave. i'm shaking because of fear and cold.- it's cold.that makes me tired but the fear keeps me awake. fear is stronger. am i supposed to land in a certain place? The instructor had a foreign accent!! i'm up there forever. it takes a bunch of strength to pull the string.
                  i float. still terrified, i can do anything now. the ground gets closer. it takes even more strength to land. i hit the ground and lie face up. what did i just do? am i dead? am i hurt? i wasn't up there very long.
             i get up. where am i? i'm lost. but i soon meet up with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment